Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Coffee Subject


I love coffee. And it seems like we've been needing more and more energy as our Moving To Alaska
date approaches. It seems like there is never enough time in the day to get everything done! Enter COFFEE, and we begin running around at triple speed like the energizer bunny accomplishing everything on our list in record time! Kidding. Coffee actually doesn't affect me much at all as far as the caffeine goes. I can sleep right after I drink a whole cup of regular. So pretty much, I drink it for the warm yummy drink's sake. 
But Andy hates coffee. He says the taste is terrible, plus it affects him like crazy and makes him all hyper and emotional. It's actually rather funny to watch.




Neither of us like coffee black. I don't even want to get into the whole debate about how people who don't like it black aren't real men, don't actually like coffee, etc. Yes, I put sugar and cream in my coffee, and yes, I'm proud of it. I don't want to be a real man anyway. It doesn't even appeal to me. But moving on - 
My sister gave me a recipe for a coffee drink. It sounded super weird. But she said it was good, and I was pregnant with Gabe at the time, so I thought the extra fat couldn't hurt.
Wowsa! I loved it! After a lot of begging, I finally got Andy to try it and he loved it too! So now I don't have to drink coffee all by myself in the mornings because I finally learned how to "make it right" as Andy puts it.
We both love our morning coffee along with a big breakfast, and Andy is always telling people about how awesome this coffee is. Personally, I think it tastes better than any coffeeshop drink I have ever had. Yes, it sounds weird at first, but try it before you dis it!

Bulletproof Coffee

First you need some coffee. 
(Any kind will do, although Maxwell House is just pretty bad, even bulletproofed. We got a whole bunch when it was on sale, though, so we are stuck with it until it's gone.)




Brew the coffee 
(I personally LOVE our little coffee pot, and it doesn't use any electricity either! Just boil water, dump in coffee grounds, and strain it after ten minutes of steeping!)

1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil per cup

1 Tablespoon Butter per cup 
(The butter is what I originally thought was gross, but it gives it an amazing, full-bodied flavor and isn't oily at all!)

1 Tablespoon sugar per cup

OPTIONAL
If you want a super-duper cup of bulletproof coffee, add 1/3 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 Tablespoon milk per cup!

Put the ingredients in the blender, and pour freshly brewed coffee over the top. Blend at high speed for one minute. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy the frothy deliciousness!





Mmmm. I loved doing this post because it meant I needed to make some more bulletproof coffee so I could take pictures of the process! 




Here it is folks - the drink we drink every morning and absolutely love. The great, the wonderful, the yummy - Bullet Proof Coffee!
(Please excuse me. I want to go drink it while it's hot!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home